Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Reading Diary B: Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts of the second section of "The Story of Cupid and Psyche" from The Golden Ass written by Aphuleius and translated by Tony Kline.  

  • Nowadays if a mother wants to know who her son is dating she just creeps through his social media.  I guess in ancient times it was more difficult. 
  • Wow. Threatening to produce a better son than him.  That's cold.
  • I think Venus was the original "Wicked Step-Mother."
  • I would prefer to have birds help me with my tasks rather than ants. haha. 
  • Proserpine and Psyche can bond over crazy mothers...
  • I forget that Psyche is one of the few who makes in and out of the underworld.  
  • She should've learned from Pandora that you never open the box.
  • Is this a combination of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty?  
  • Judging by the way mythology normally goes I did not expect a happy ending.  But I'm glad there is!
  • The ending just makes me think of Shrek.  Wow this story has so much fairy tale influence.  
(Psyche by Waterhouse from the Untextbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment