Saturday, September 26, 2015

Thoughts about Comments

Here are a few of things that I find helpful about comments.  
  • I like when other people point out or quote lines that I used in my dialogue and tell me why they liked it.  As the writer, this really helps me see what sticks with the reader!!
  • I also like when other people suggest revisions like how to avoid awkward wording.  I find this truly helpful because sometimes I over explain things!
  • Talking about what they interpreted from the story is also super helpful because that helps you realize what impression some of the elements of your story might give off. 
  • I think the most helpful comments are what or how the story makes the reader feel.  These are normally complete strangers, they should have a completely unbiased opinion.  

My thoughts on my comments.  
  • I think I've done a pretty good job in my comments in other classes.  I always try and compliment others' writing because this is something people can be very sensitive about!
  • I should try and quote lines from stories that I especially like.  That is one of my favorite things to see in the comments, so I should do that for others.  
  • I will also try and give suggestions on how to edit some things in other stories.    

No comments:

Post a Comment