Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Reading Diary A: The Ramayana

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts of the first section of the Ramayana unit. Story source: Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913).

  • I love all of the divine intervention with Rama's birth.  I mean this is the birth of a god. 
  • Oh Rama is always saving people.  Can't get enough of that.  It's so weird rereading this and knowing the ending!!
  • Rama and Sita :(  These sweet kids break my heart.  
  • Little do they know how much damage Kaikeyi is going to cause...
  • I'm surprised in this summarized version they touch on Manthara.  That was one of the most fascinating parts for me when I read the novel so I'm glad it's in here. 
  • I honestly find Rama's graciousness when accepting the exile so inspiring. 
  • Rama, Sita and Lakshmana the three best friends. 
  • I love Bharata.  He really does just get thrown into this.  
  (Bharata and Rama from Wikipedia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment