Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Reading Diary B: The Ramayana

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts of the second section of the Ramayana unit. Story source: Indian Myth and Legend by Donald A. Mackenzie (1913).
  •  There are so many things I remembering when rereading this version.  
  • I completely forgot all about Khara...
  • The golden deer is like pandora's box.
  • NOOOOO SITA DON'T ASK RAMA TO GET THE DEER!
  • Yes the monkey army is so awesome.  
  • I adore Sita.  Her courage is actually inspiring.  
  • I can't believe rain kept Rama from Sita.  
  • Hanuman might be my absolute favorite. 
  • Ravana's ego is his ultimate downfall.  
  • I'm surprised this scaled-down version included Sita's sons.  This part of the tale broke my heart!  And it did the second time around.  
(The Monkeys and Bears Build a Bridge to Lanka from Wikipedia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment