Sunday, September 13, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 3

It was a pretty average week with an ABOVE AND BEYOND average ending on Saturday.  Yes I'm talking about the OU football game against Tennessee.  If you've read my Introduction post you know I'm a huge football fan and last night's game was a prime example on why.  Being an OU fan is a wonderfully horrible roller coaster ride, but you just can't get off. 

Before Saturday I spent most of the week doing busywork for my classes.  In the long run it's better to get grades doing relatively easy assignments but sometimes it's just SO FREAKIN HARD to not procrastinate and actually do the assignments.  I struggled with that a lot this week and binge watching "Sons of Anarchy" was just way more appealing.  (So appealing I canceled Thursday night plans just to stay in and watch it...)

I also had to turn in my first big essay written entirely in Spanish.  I haven't gotten the grade yet but writing an essay in another language always makes me nervous.  Writing an essay is difficult for me in English how could I possibly write a descriptive analysis paper in Spanish without major mistakes??  And this time I'm not studying abroad so I don't have my Spanish mother to help check my papers.  

Yesterday my day was completely uneventful up until the game.  It was such a ride.  I can't even imagine what our team had to deal with due to the deafening noise of Tennessee's fans in their stadium.  Immediately after the game I went to Campus Corner to celebrate the victory with friends.  It really seemed like everyone was in a good mood.  I wonder why? ;)  The entire game was absolute insanity, but to just sum up my feelings about it here's a picture: 

(Sterling Shepard leaping over Tennessee player from OU Football Twitter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment