Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Reading Diary B: Turkish Fairy Tales

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts of the second section of Turkish Fairy Tales from the Turkish Fairy Tales unit. Story source: Forty-four Turkish Fairy Tales by Ignacz Kunos, with illustrations by Willy Pogany (1913).
  •  This first tale reminds me Cinderella.  I had no idea how many influences Cinderella may have had!
  • I feel immature but all I can think of when I read "The Bey" is Bae.  
  • This relationship between the woodcutter and his wife seems abusive.
  • I love that the wife terrifies the imp, like she is the monster instead of him.  
  • WOW so the woodcutter ends up with two wives after ditching his first.  Happily Ever After. 
  • How did a poor goose wind up in this mess with the ring...
  • **Ring was found at the expense of the goose.
  • The story with the Wizard had me a little confused.
  • With the story about the liver all I can think is "you gotta spend money to make money right?"  
  • I just love this line, "WE were three brothers; two of us were silly, and neither of us had a bit of sense."
  • It's such a cop out for it to end in a dream.   
(Madjun from the UnTextbook.)

No comments:

Post a Comment