Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Reading Diary B: Ovid's Metamorphoses (Books 5-7)

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts of the second section of  from "Ovid's Metamorphoses" in books 5-7 translated by Tony Kline (2000).
  • Marriage isn't off to a good start if furies use torches snatched from a funeral for a wedding...
  • I love that use of fire as a metaphor for Tereus's desire.  It's very effective. 
  • This is one of the most tragic things I have ever read. 
  • She kills her son in cold blood..... WHAT
  • "You might think the Athenian women have taken wing: they have taken wings."  I love this pun.  
  • Wait that's the end ??? They didn't kill Tereus they all just turned into birds....
  • "I will not be leaving greatness behind, but pursuing greatness."  LOVE THIS.
  • A chariot with dragons? I cannot picture anything more cool. 
  • I can't believe saving someone from death with magic actually worked out. 
  • JASON IS SUCH A JERK.  AFTER ALL MEDEA DID FOR YOU.  
(Medea by Evelyn De Morgan from Wikipedia.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment