Monday, November 16, 2015

Reading Diary A: The Heptameron of Margaret, Queen of Navarre

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts first section of the Heptameron unit. Story source: The Heptameron of Margaret, Queen of Navarre, translated by Walter K. Kelly (1855).
  • When I picture Francis I all I see is the actor who played him in "The Tudors."  
  • Where do all these stories of men being undeterred when pursuing women come from? I have not ever witnessed this in my life.  Three years with her never even talking to him!!
  • Wow I did not expect that ending.  I guess in the dating world women are stags and mean are hunters.  
  • It's difficult for me to imagine the a priest hiding up in a loft...
  • This is a really interesting retelling of Mary!
  • I feel like I'm supposed to be familiar with some of these names...but I'm not. 
  • I'm not 100% certain what a Cordelier.
  • This last story is so ominous.  
(Marguerite, Queen of Navarre from Wikipedia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment