Friday, November 6, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Europa's Fairy Book

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts on part of the Europa unitStory source: Europa's Fairy Book by Joseph Jacobs and illustrated by John Batten (1916).
  • It's interesting to read a much more mature and sophisticated version of Cinderella. 
  • Dress of green silk?  It's so difficult to picture her in a not Cinderella blue dress!
  • Wow I find the illustrated picture with Beauty and The Beast so enchanting.  
  • "They all lived happily ever afterwards."  Get rid of 'wards!
  • The name Bella is ruined for because of Twilight. 
  • Where is this school that can teach you how to talk to animals?  Can I major in that? 
  • I wonder why some of the other stories in this unit are not as popular as the first couple.  
  • Has Miss Puss ever met Puss n Boots?
  • Yes I'm so happy it worked out for the cat in the end!!
 

(Beauty and the Beast from the Untextbook.)

1 comment:

  1. Totally by chance I saw your post pop up when I was passing by, Jenny - and YES, I love that image also. He is getting out of his Beast suit! Jacobs was really fortunate in having Batten as his illustrator - here is another gorgeous one that will remind you of that scene from Beauty and the Beast: this time it is the princess getting out of her dragon suit! Laidly Worm

    ReplyDelete