Monday, November 9, 2015

Reading Diary A: Faerie Queen - Britomart

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts first section of the Fairie Queen: Britomart unit. Story source: Stories from the Faerie Queene by Mary Macleod, with drawings by A. G. Walker (1916).
  •  Not only is Britomart dressing up as a man, it seems she has a lot of boy like qualities as well.  This is a very interesting role reversal.  
  • Wait what happened to King Arthur and Sir Guyon?? Did she not follow after them?  
  • They should make an action movie about Britomart.  She is awesome.  
  • This does seem very Shakespearian.  
  • BUT SERIOUSLY HOW HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF HER BEFORE?
  • Her love for Artegall is so cute.  
  • I have always loved Merlin.  I mean how can you not.  
  • Why didn't Merlin say how they would meet ??
  • This might be one of my favorite readings from this class.  I had no idea this heroine even existed and I just keep getting more and more impressed by her.  
  • There are some many gallant adventures going on at once it's hard to keep up.  
  • Ugh cliffhanger.  I just want to see her meet Artegall.   
(Britomart by Tyrannosaurus-lex from Deviant Art.)


1 comment:

  1. Jenny, just to say that I am so glad you like this unit!!! The stories in Faerie Queene are so wonderful, but the poetry is kind of intimidating, so the book is not so well known. I was really excited to find this version of the stories in prose! You might enjoy looking at the other stories... but I knew right away Britomart was the one I wanted to include. :-)

    ReplyDelete