Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Reading Diary B: Canterbury Tales

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts on the second section of the Canterbury Tales unit. Story source: The Chaucer Story Book by Eva March Tappan (1908).
  • Wow that first story was so biased.  I didn't think it would be so blatantly prejudice.  
  • So is the chicken the knight in shining armor?  
  • Sorry I just can't get over the fact that the chicken is telling a tale.  
  • Uh oh a crafty fox shows up and requests something.... (suspicious)
  • "Thus ends the story of the cock and the hen and the fox."  This is a very different ending than "And they all lived Happily Ever After."  
  • I'm really curious why this story about a priest becoming a philosopher was written.  It's make me wonder about the underlying meaning behind it.
  • I really do love stories that kind of deal with fate and people coming into a lives for a reason, even if it's just for one fleeting moment.
(Cock, hen and chickens surprised by a fox by Jean-Baptiste Oudrey from Ruth Stacey Poet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment