Thursday, November 19, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Welsh Fairy Book (Thomas)

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts on the first section of the  Welsh Fairy Tales unit. Story source: The Welsh Fairy Book by W. Jenkyn Thomas with illustrations by Willy Pogány (1908).
  • Just from that he could tell that the man was an evil sorcerer??
  • This story paints the most amazing image of the knights at the round table.
  • I like how sassy this boy is.  He's standing up to the king!
  • The boy was Merlin! How cool!
  • I actually really love the name, "The Lady of Greenwood."  
  • Yeah having horse's ears is a pretty big secret. 
  • Wow an elfin cow.  Maybe instead of "when pigs fly" there should "when cows are elves" expression. 
  •  "Bala Lake" had a very different tone compared to the other stories.  
  • When I saw "Tudur" all I could think of was the Tudors.  
  • This story is so vivid. 
  • The story with the cockshells reminds me of when Spongebob pays with "bubble money."
  • Hmmmmm Helig's Hollow sounds like a very interesting place.  
(Einion and the Lady of Greenwood from the Untextbook.)

No comments:

Post a Comment