Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Reading Diary B: The Heptameron of Margaret, Queen of Navarre

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts on the second section of the Heptameron unit. Story source: The Heptameron of Margaret, Queen of Navarre, translated by Walter K. Kelly (1855).
  •  I really like the idea from this story that love works wonders.  
  • Wow this isn't the ideal brother and brother-in-law family dynamic that you hope for. 
  • The brother thinks that isolating his sister will solve the fact that he murdered her husband??
  • Well that was a really sad ending. 
  • I guess selling animals is the only way to settle this...
  • This story with the good-natured man and the terrible wife actually makes me sad. 
  • The story ends just as it begins.  
  •  The commentary on women in this is very interesting. 
  • I guess the commentary on men is just as interesting. 
(Margaret of Navarre & Margaret Queen from Jouer-Enligne.)

No comments:

Post a Comment