Monday, November 2, 2015

Reading Diary A: Canterbury Tales

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts on the first section of the Canterbury Tales unit. Story source: The Chaucer Story Book by Eva March Tappan (1908).
  • He has to figure out what women wish for most in a year?? I can't think of anything more complicated.  
  • I don't really see how the King Midas story fits it here but it was still delightful. 
  • PLOT TWIST with the old lady wanting to marry the knight.  
  • I knew she was going to be young and beautiful in the end...
  • Throwing in some Greek mythology, I love it. 
  • I just love how all of these tales are written.  This is why I wanted to take this class. 
  • The last story kind of reminded me of Harry Potter.  
  • I know this reading diary is short, but it's honestly because I was transfixed by these stories I just don't even know how to jot down my thoughts.  But that's a good thing.
(King Midas and his ears from the Untextbook.)

No comments:

Post a Comment