Monday, October 12, 2015

Reflections: Looking back

I really think that this class substantially helps my writing.  Writing is just like anything else the more you do it, the better you get at it and this class especially helps me write because the posts vary in length and content.  Even the short tech tip posts can be super helpful because it helps you learn how to summarize important information.  That's a skill that can help you in the real world like knowing how to write short and summarized emails.

The materials I'm most proud of thus far include my week one story "The Travelers and the Tree," my week two story "The Captive Woman," and just the fact that I've been able to do a Famous Last Words post for every week.  I am excited to write more for my storybook but it still has a bit of a ways to go. 

I'm a big fan of the Turkish and Czech fairy tales.  I just felt they were so original and when I was reading them I had no idea where the story was going to end up.  One story that really stuck with me was the one that was based off of "Beauty and the Beast," it was just so unusual.  I was kind of intrigued at how far it deviated from the source material. 

I like reading other people's stories and seeing how they interpreted some of the material.  But sometimes I wish we could all read the same material.  Also, one thing that this class doesn't have because it's online is a group discussion about the literature.  That's the only thing I dislike about this being fully-online, because I feel like group discussions about literature can be so powerful!

I usually work on this class at my apartment, but sometimes (like right now!) I get some free time at work and I decide to hammer out some of these shorter assignments. 

This semester has been hectic for me, so unfortunately I don't have a specific time blocked off for this class.  But I do try to get it done in the mornings (doesn't always work out though).  Just with it being senior year and having an internship and preparing for job hunting/interviews I don't have a lot of free time in general.  That's why I haven't been able to do as much of the extra credit assignments as I would like to, so I haven't really done any of the growth mindset or curation activities.  I made a goal to do every Famous Last Words assignment to help document and preserve my senior year and that's about all I've had time to do. 

(Meme from Saint Rose blog.)



No comments:

Post a Comment