Monday, October 19, 2015

Reading Diary A: Pacific Northwest

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts of the first section of the Pacific Northwest unit. Story source: Myths and Legends of the Pacific Northwest, especially of Washington and Oregon, by Katharine Berry Judson (1910).

  • Well it looks like Silver-Fox doesn't like to share.  
  • Silver-Fox is pretty bossy.  The coyote did everything he told him to do!  Let him enjoy the new world and have an opinion.  
  • The coyote is seriously breaking my heart.  Just let him play with some people!!!
  • Wait is the silver-fox a wolf??!!
  • Chareya is establishing the food chain.
  •  Nothing seems to go right for the poor coyote.  
  • Chareya and the grizzly is kind of like Frankenstein and his monster.
  • I wonder if the story with the beaver is referring to the ice age.
  • So wait.  A hawk stole a tree's wives???
  • Can fire be used as a form of ID instead of a driver's license?
  • TO THE WINDOW TO THE WALLA WALLA.
  • Wow don't ever piss off the Coyote or let him be your judge.
  • Only summer and winter? No fall or spring?!
  • I don't know any totem pole origin stories but I didn't expect them to be like this one.
  • Oh my gosh poor the woodrat tale has a happy ending for no one.
  •  I don't know where Takhoma is but now I want to go there.  
(Takhoma & American Bistort & Subalpine Daisies from Flickr)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment