Monday, October 5, 2015

Reading Diary A: Chinese Fairy Tales

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts of the first section of the Chinese Fairy Tales unit. Story source: The Chinese Fairy Book, ed. by R. Wilhelm and translated by Frederick H. Martens (1921).
  • What is the point of the daughter throwing the ball if she can choose who to throw it to?  I thought she was leaving this up to chance.  Close your eyes and throw the dang ball!
  • I guess dragons are a sign of good luck ?
  • I wonder what kind of luck their child would have had?  Ill or good?  
  • The story about the panther is super similar to Little Red Riding Hood.
  • That was the most complicated way to kill a panther that I've ever seen.  
  • I love when animals all work together.  
  • Aw well that didn't last long.  
  • I love picturing a moon world.  
  • Is it bad that I can't stop thinking about Sailor Moon?
  • That horse traveled all the way to get you and that's how you treat it!!!
  • Did not see her living in heaven watching over silkworms as the ending...
  • It's strange that the Master of Peace and the Master of War are worshiped together.  
(The Lady of the Moon from The Gentlemen Angler.)

No comments:

Post a Comment