Monday, October 26, 2015

Reading Diary A: British North America

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts on the first section of the  British North America unit. Story source: Myths and Legends of British North America by Katharine Berry Judson (1917). 
  •  There's stories so far have a Native American feel to them.  
  • I totally understand Big Turtle.  Everyone gets tired.  
  • These stories also deal a lot with animals.  
  • I don't know what I was expecting but I figured since I love Anne of Green Gables these stories might be similar to it.  I beginning to think I'm wrong though. 
  • Majority of these stories deal with creation.  
  • The coyote saved the day?????? I guess this a big difference when compared to Native American tales. 
  • Ok story, I can't imagine a raven and seagull ever being friends!!
  • The man with the animals sounds exactly like being a babysitter.
  • What did the grandmother do to get stuck with no village and having to provide for a little boy by herself ???
  • Man in the moon just makes me think of Kid Cudi. 
 (Bella coola, British Columbia  from Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment