Monday, October 12, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 7

After this week, I am absolutely exhausted.  It's soon to be midterm week and I guess this semester it started a little early for me. 

On Monday through Thursday I was hurriedly finishing homework assignments before OU/Texas weekend.  I had way too many and it was just especially hard to not procrastinate and try to get ahead.

This year I didn't spend my OU/Texas weekend in Dallas but in Houston!  I know it sounds pretty bizarre and I really was bummed to miss out on the fair, the game (even though we lost) and all other OU/Texas festivities.  I went to Houston with my parents and my sister drove over from Austin, Texas because my dad was playing in the Spirit International Golf tournament.  It was also my sister's 27th birthday and this is a way we could all spend it together. 

 (Picture of the Whispering Pines golf course where  my dad played at from the Dallas News.)

Ever since I came to college in Norman it's been hard for my entire family to be together.  We all live in different cities now so all four of us are only in the same place about 4 to 5 times a year.  It was great to all be together and be in such a fun city.  I was actually born in the Houston area so one day we drove out to my old neighborhood and I got to literally stroll down memory lane.  It was amazing to see the parks and neighbors I played with as a kid.  These kinds of things are so much more important to me now that I'm about to be an adult. 

Then on Sunday I flew back to Oklahoma.  Don't think that I avoided the traffic by avoiding Dallas during OU/Texas weekend because my normally less than two hour drive back from Tulsa took about 3 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment