Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Reading Diary B: Chinese Fairytales

This is a Reading Diary that details my thoughts of the second section of the Chinese Fairy Tales unit. Story source: The Chinese Fairy Book, ed. by R. Wilhelm and translated by Frederick H. Martens (1921).
  • I liked the first story.  It's basically saying that even though the scholar wants to be alone, he can't be content with at least someone by his side. 
  • Fox preparing the elixir of life?  Who knew.
  • I guess the fox just lent it to him.  
  • I feel like some of these stories could be used as scary stories!
  • LOL that the girl gets swept away by a tornado and the guy takes it as heaven bringing them together.  
  • I feel like women are often the ogres in disguise...
  • Sorcerer's are pretty tricky.... Get it... Ok I will see myself out.   
  • This section's stories are significantly more depressing.  
(River landscape by Liu Chih from the UnTextbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment